Today’s NUFC related transfer talk:
- An Exclusive from The Sun today claims Rafa Benitez is close to sealing a £5m deal to bring Manchester City midfielder Fernando to St. James’ Park.
- Newcastle are believed to be one of several clubs showing an interest in promising Hull midfielder Sam Clucas (BBC Radio Humberside)
- The Northern Echo confirm Newcastle United have looked at Porto’s Vincent Aboubakar, but a move for the striker is hanging in the balance as he was a recommendation from recently departed scout Graham Carr.
- Newcastle are set to battle Burnley for the loan signing of Liverpool’s England U-21 winger Sheyi Ojo (The Mirror)
- Anderlecht have today completed the loan signing of NUFC goalkeeper Matz Sels – there is no buyout clause in the deal, but they will pay his wages in full.
- Chief scout Graham Carr has left the club by mutual consent, however The Chronicle suggest this will have little impact on transfer, with Rafa Benitez set to gain the full control he desires.
- Newcastle have announced their fourth pre-season friendly of the summer, confirming a trip to Wolfsburg on 2nd August.
- Alan Pardew is being lined up by Sunderland for a shock return to management (Daily Star)