A round up of all of today’s news & gossip:
- Rafa Benitez has been speaking to the press ahead of tomorrow’s trip to Watford, and has provided update on his talks over a new contract, the Islam Slimani situation and the team he could play away at Vicarage Road tomorrow – Full story here.
- According to reports in Austria, Newcastle United had a scout present during the Europa League semi-final between Red Bull Salzburg and Marseille on last night – Full story on who they could’ve been watching here.
- During an interview for the BBC , Rafa Benitez has insisted that he is ‘happy’ at NUFC, but admitted that the strength of his team and the club must improve if he’s to sign a new deal and ‘achieve what we want to achieve’ – Full story here.
- With two players ruled out and Rafa confirming that he’ll make changes, here’s THREE players who could be in line for rare starts at Watford tomorrow – Full story here.
- Sky pundit Gary Neville has been discussing his contenders for Premier League manager of the season and, surprise surprise, he’s failed to even mention Rafa Benitez – choosing to credit the likes of Palace’s Roy Hodgson and Spurs’ Mauricio Pochettino instead – Full story here.
- Despite confirmation of his three-match ban yesterday, it has been confirmed that Islam Slimani could remain on Tyneside for longer than expected – making us wonder if Rafa is keen to take another look at the Leicester loanee? – Full story here.
- With talks underway regarding our plans this summer, here’s FOUR players we feel NUFC could sell to raise £50m spending money for Rafa Benitez – Full story here.
- There’s been plenty Newcastle United ‘stars’ who’ve soon regretted their big money moves away from NUFC, however the same cannot be said about Gini Wijnaldum and Florian Thauvin, who look set for European finals- Full story here.
- And finally, Simon looks at the Stoke, Southampton and West Brom stars NUFC should pinch this summer if they were relegated from the Premier League this month – Full story here.