A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Rafa Benitez has admitted to holding a meeting with Kenedy over the last few days in a bit to increase his confidence levels after poor performances against Cardiff and Nottingham Forest recently – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez has heaped praise onto Martin Dubravka following his impressive performance at Man City, admitting that he’s a player he’d been ‘following for a while’ – Full story here.
- A shocking stat has emerged on NUFC’s net spend following our promotion back to the top flight in 2017, showing a net spend of just £1m since then – a laughable amount when compared to Brighton (£110m) and Huddersfield (£78m) – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez has promised that his Newcastle side will “take more risks” in attack against Arsenal in two weeks time – with some frustrated fans critical of our ‘negative’ approach in our last few fixtures – Full story here.
- During their piece covering the ten best ‘value-for-money’ signings in Europe this summer, The Guardian have included NUFC new boy Fabian Schar in their list following his £3m move from Deportivo La Coruna – Full story here.
- After scoring two goals on Saturday in their 2-1 win over Stoke, it’s fair to say West Brom fans are loving Dwight Gayle – and many have taken to Twitter to voice their approval after seeing the 27-year old replace Salomon Rondon – See them here.
- On the subject of Dwight Gayle, he netted his third goal for West Brom over the weekend – and it was absolutely brilliant – Watch it here.
- And finally, we’ve taken a look at Christian Atsu – a player we’ve been highly unimpressed with during his brief appearances so far this season – Full story here.