A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Some incredible footage has emerged following Mike Ashley’s meal out with Rafa Benitez last night, with the NUFC owner shown to put two fingers up towards frustrated fans protesting outside the restaurant in Ponteland – See video here.
- A spokesman has released a statement on Mike Ashley’s behalf after the NUFC owner following the incident last night, with him strongly denying the ‘V sign’ – claiming that he is ‘actually very respectful’ towards supporters – See statement here.
- According to the Daily Mail, Mike Ashley confirmed that he will NOT be selling the club this season and has promised to take the squad on holiday if we avoid relegation – insisting he is ‘determined’ to keep Rafa Benitez at the club – Full story here.
- Craig Hope has also claimed that Ashley told players that Benitez is going nowhere – claiming that no one has ‘come close’ to a takeover and that ‘plans were being made’ ahead of the January window – Full story here.
- Both Federico Fernandez and Paul Dummett look set to return ahead of Saturday’s trip to Manchester United – however the game will come too soon for Salomon Rondon, who has been ruled out once again – Full story here.
- After holding an open meeting last night, The Magpie Group have released 11 protest ideas which could be implemented between now and the end of the season – asking NUFC fans to rank them in order of preference – Full story here.
- According to The Mirror, Aston Villa are now considering an ‘audacious move’ for Rafa Benitez following the sacking of Steve Bruce – however they claim Christian Purslow’s presence at the club would be a ‘sticking point’ – Full story here.
- Kenedy has admitted that it would be ‘nice to get another opportunity’ to prove himself at Chelsea – however he has insisted that he is ‘happy’ at Newcastle and keen to be playing at a club where he can play week in week out – Full story here.