A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- According to Bein Sports’ Ben Jacobs, Bin Zayed Group sources say that they don’t expect any takeover to go through before Rafa Benitez’s contract expires on June 30th – Full story here.
- A potential Sheikh Khaled takeover would be similar to Abdullah bin Musa’ad’s at Sheffield Utd ‘in terms of wealth’ according to Andrew Musgrove, claiming a £350m shouldn’t be an issue for the Dubai-based billionaire – Full story here.
- According to the Chronicle, Rafa Benitez has now made ‘direct contact’ with Club Brugge star Wesley Moraes – and the player is said to be ‘excited’ by the prospect of joining NUFC – Full story here.
- Speaking on talkSPORT, north-east reporter Craig Hope has questioned whether Newcastle are using ‘interest’ from Sheikh Khaled to actually ‘accelerate’ a deal involving another interested party – Full story here.
- Despite claims of an ‘agreement’, Sky’s Keith Downie claims that Newcastle are yet to see ‘proof of funds’ to show Sheikh Khaled can complete a £350m takeover – Full story here.
- According to the Chronicle, La Liga side Alaves are keen to sign Joselu – and it’s reported that the Spaniard is ‘open’ to the move – Full story here.
- After Italian reports claimed Ayoze Perez could be set to join Spurs, Danny Mills has urged the club to cash in if a big offer arrives – Read his comments here.
- And finally, our very own Archie Brand has had a closer look at Sheikh Khaled and the Bin Zayed Group – just ours after chatting to a Abu Dhabi friend of this morning – Read his brilliant piece here.