I was reading the Chronicle’s reporting of the Steve Bruce press conference and it seems to me that he’s given a pretty easy ride or if he isn’t then we don’t see the answers to the tough questions.
If I’d been able to slip into the press room and ask a few question of my own, I’d have put the following to him:
- How Did You Feel About The Brighton Performance?
- Why Did You Go Into A Must-Win Game With No Strikers?
- What Are You Going To Do To Change Things Considering Our Results Over The Last 20 Games?
- Who Are You Going To Replace Isaac Hayden With?
- Why Did You Play Almiron When It’s Now Reported He Wasn’t And Still Isn’t 100% Fit?
- What Did You Make Of Almiron’s Comments About Playing For A Team That Fights More?
- Why Do You Still Think That You’re The Right Man For The Manager’s Job?
- You Say In The Past We Were Making Progress. At That Time We Looked In Little Danger Of Relegation. How Do Explain The Position Now?
There are probably plenty of other questions that fans could think of but I’ve tried to keep it clean and focused! There are probably one or two others I could also quite easily think of to ask as well but I hope you get my point.
For me far too many journalists are merely protecting their jobs and won’t ask the questions that would probably see them barred from The Club and the Pressers. Rather like the unfortunate Craig Hope that was merely seeking the truth and not afraid to print it.
Even if the journalists asked the questions we’d like them too I would imagine Bruce would give very bland corporate answers that would tell us nothing in a lot of words! He says truly little by saying a lot and just trots out the same inane statements and comments time after time.
I really wish NUFC would hold a fans forum and let them know exactly what they want and think of him. Then he might get it, then he might understand and then he might even leave. But I guess we all have to have dreams and I’m no different in that.