Today’s top stories and transfer gossip – 28th June, 2021:
- According to Arsenal insider James McNicholas, the Gunners WILL listen to offers for Joe Willock this summer; although no formal bids have arrived as of yet – Full story here.
- The Daily Mail report that Mike Ashley is willing to fund a £5m bid for Mario Lemina, regardless of the fact he’s stuck in a legal battle with the Premier League – Full story here.
- The Athletic have revealed that Newcastle United have lost out in the race to sign Ligue 1 left-back Romain Perraud, who is set to join Southampton instead – Full story here.
- Toon target Billy Gilmour is set to undergo a medical at Norwich City this week, with the Canaries beating Newcastle to a loan deal for the Chelsea midfielder.
- Steve Bruce will be ‘very interested’ in signing Dutch striker Wout Weghorst this summer, according to ‘good friend’ and former Hull star Dean Windass – Read his comments here.
- Elsewhere, Rafa Benitez’s family home has now been targeted by a select few Everton fans – who have erected a ‘we know where you live’ banner by his house on Merseyside – Full story here.
- One former Mag looks set to replace another in the Championship, with Fulham boss Scott Parker on the brink of replacing Jonathan Woodgate at Bournemouth.