Today’s top stories and transfer gossip – 14th July, 2021:
- According to Sky Sports, Freddie Woodman had been closing in on a loan move to Bournemouth – however the deal is now in doubt due to a foot injury suffered by Martin Dubravka – Full story here.
- Newcastle United ‘believe they are close to finalising a deal’ to bring Joe Willock back to the club on loan – and are also eyeing Chelsea’s Conor Gallagher, according to The Telegraph – Full story here.
- MP Oliver Dowden has called on the Premier League to act ‘as quickly as possible’ with regards to the Newcastle United takeover.However, he insists that it’s an issue for the Premier League to resolve, and that the government will not be intervening.
- Reports in Turkey claim Newcastle United have made a ‘surprise offer’ for Fenerbahce midfielder İrfan Can Kahveci – Full story here.
- The Evening Standard claim that Andros Townsend has received interest from St James’ Park after his release from Crystal Palace left him a free agent this month – Full story here.
- Speaking last night, Mikel Arteta has offered a mixed update on Joe Willock’s future – saying he’s “part of their plans”, yet a player they’ll try and make the most of “in the time that he is here.” – Full quotes here.
- According to Sportitalia, Newcastle will face competition from Benfica if we reignite our interest in signing former loan star Valentino Lazaro.
- Elsewhere, it’s occurred to NUFC Blog that Newcastle United are yet to even acknowledge the departure of long-serving player Christian Atsu – a move that sums up the classless approach to a Mike Ashley club that appears to be run on a skeleton staff – Full story here.
Follow us on Twitter (@NUFCBlogcouk) and on Facebook HERE