A round up of all of today’s NUFC related news and gossip:
- Speaking on Match of the Day over the weekend, Phil Neville and Jermaine Jenas have both condemned Yohan Cabaye’s ‘dangerous’ challenge on DeAndre Yedlin during Saturday’s game, claiming it could have very easily broken the NUFC full-back’s leg and should have seen him sent off.
- BBC pundit Garth Crooks has made some huge claims about what Rafa Benitez may be able to achieve during his time on Tyneside, believing he has the ‘pedigree’ capable of ‘winning the title’ with Newcastle United IF he is given the ‘right resources’.
- Alan Shearer has shut down Simon Jordan brilliantly on social media after the ex-Palace owner made some unbelievable comments on Sky Sports, claiming Mike Ashley was ‘never going to be accepted’ by Newcastle fans because he was is a ‘southerner’!
- Former Newcastle United midfielder Siem De Jong bagged his first goal since securing a return to Ajax over the summer, scoring in their 4-1 win in the ‘De Klassieker’ derby away to bitter rivals Feyenoord yesterday – WATCH IT HERE.
- Highly rated Newcastle United youngster Dan Barlaser has penned a new two-year deal at the club and the talented midfielder looks set to earn a January move away to gain some much needed first team football.
- Speaking in his new punditry role on Sky Sports, former boss Alan Pardew has admitted that he tried to bring star centre-back Virgil Van Dijk to Newcastle before he became an instant hit in the Premier League with Southampton.
- And finally, here’s a view from the stands on Saturday’s game – “Four observations I made during Saturday’s 1-0 win over Crystal Palace” – Well worth a read folks!