A round up of all of today’s news & gossip:
- Following Sunday’s superb win over Arsenal, Rafa Benitez has suggested that he could well agree to a new contract under Mike Ashley – but only ‘if everything is right” – Full story here.
- An insightful piece has emerged from the Shields Gazette on the finances at NUFC, revealing that the club could take in as much as £121.5m come the end of the season – a figure that could boost Benitez’s summer transfer budget – Full story here.
- Speaking on TalkSPORT this morning, ex-NUFC striker Mick Quinn has shared some interesting details of his recent conversation with Rafa Benitez, stating that he ‘wants to stay’ – but the club must match his ambition – Full story here.
- Arsene Wenger says his side were robbed of a penalty in a game he felt should have been ‘all over’ at half-time yesterday – stating he’s ‘baffled’ that Newcastle ended up winning – Full story here.
- The Independent’s Martin Hardy has claimed that Benitez WILL remain at the club next season, however understands that Mike Ashley looks very likely to remain as our owner this summer – Full story here.
- Paul Merson believes Arsenal fans wouldn’t like to see Rafa Benitez take over from Arsene Wenger because the Spaniard ‘sets his teams up not to get beaten’ – stating they demand a manager who goes out to ‘win football matches’ – Full story here.
- Islam Slimani may have only played just over 45 minutes of football in a black and white shirt, but Newcastle fans liked what they saw from his half-an-hour cameo against Arsenal – and rightly so! – See full reaction here.
- Match of the Day host Gary Lineker was clearly left impressed by Rafa Benitez’s NUFC on Sunday, and took to Twitter to praise Ayoze Perez and DeAndre Yedlin for their work in our ‘fine’ equaliser against Arsenal – See his comments here.
- And finally, incase you missed it, Matt Ritchie sent Arsenal’s Aubameyang back to Borussia Dortmund in the moments after yesterday’s game – See just how here.