After holding an open meeting at the Newcastle Labour Club on Wednesday night, The Magpie Group have released 11 protest ideas which could be implemented between now and the end of the season – asking NUFC fans to rank them in order of preference.
The meeting was attended by local Labour MP’s Chi Onwurah and Ian Mearns, with fans being given the chance to share their ideas and discuss the future of Newcastle United following recent protests against Mike Ashley.
As revealed by NUFC protest group @IfRafaGoesWeGo, the audience were asked to rank the following 11 protest ideas in order of preference:
- Mass march to match followed by 5 minute protest in the Milburn atrium area
- Stickers all over town
- Political pressure expanded
- Boycott of a game
- Protests inside the stadium (walk-ins, walk-outs, sit-ins, visual display)
- Boycott after January – continue protests outside stadium with banners inside for the meantime
- Fundraise to ensure sustainability and expand
- Throwing protest objects on the pitch for a specified game
- Protesting at away games
- Cover up all Sports Direct advertising in the ground during a televised match
- Protest nationwide at Sports Direct
What would be your preference? Let us know how you would rank all of the above (from best to worst) in the comments section below.
— The Magpie Group (@TheMagpieGroup_) October 3, 2018