A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
Alan Shearer has launched an attack on Mike Ashley, claiming that his promise of a free holiday (if we avoid relegation) is an ‘insult’ to the players – saying he should spend that money ‘on the football club and back the manager!’ – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez has confirmed that both Kenedy and Yoshinori Muto will now being ‘assessed’ in the coming days after coming off the pitch ‘injured’ during Saturday’s 3-2 defeat to Man Utd – Full story here.
- Some frustrating footage has emerged from Saturday’s game at Old Trafford, showing that referee Anthony Taylor was NOT even watching the play as Jonjo Shelvey’s free kick struck Ashley Young’s outstretched arm in the first half – See clip here.
- As confirmed by ‘Scouts in Attendance’, Newcastle United had club officials present to watch Bordeaux star Francois Kamano in action in the Europa League last week – Full story here.
- Freddie Woodman has now admitted that he is in a ‘bad situation’ at the club – with the England U-21 international goalkeeper forced to play in the reserves after having a loan move ‘blocked’ over the summer – Full story here.
- Jonjo Shelvey has taken a swipe at the ‘sofa experts’ criticising Benitez’s tactics on Saturday, stating that it’s a ‘totally different story’ when you are out there protecting a lead up against all the quality players in Man Utd’s side – Full story here.
- According to The Mirror’s North-East reporter Simon Bird, Rafa Benitez is looking to sign a left-back and a number 10 in the January transfer window – however it seems the club will continue to look at players of a certain age – Full story here.
- BBC pundit Garth Crooks has tipped Kevin Keegan to become the next Chairman of the Premier League – feeling he is a ‘man of the people’ who still has a lot to give in English football after his recent absence from the game – Full story here.
- And finally, my take on Saturday’s game at Man Utd – including FIVE big positives to take despite the devastating late defeat – Read them all here.