A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- According to the Chronicle’s Lee Ryder, Newcastle are prepared to break their transfer record to sign Miguel Almiron – but his £100,000 per week wage demands could scupper the deal – Full story here.
- South Korea have confirmed that Ki Sung-yueng’s hamstring injury will only keep him out for a week – however Paul Dummett looks set to join Jonjo Shelvey in Barcelona to see a specialist – Full story here.
- Ahead of tonight’s Checktrade Trophy clash between Sunderland’s first-team and Newcastle’s U-21’s, Mackems manager Jack Ross has admitted they are in a ‘no-win situation’ – Full story here.
- According to Midlands reporter John Percy, West Brom are trying to sign Isaac Hayden – however they have received ‘little encouragement’ from NUFC so far – Full story here.
- According to the Chronicle, Rafa Benitez believes Newcastle need at least a wing-back, an attacking midfielder and a striker to arrive this month if we’re to beat the drop this season – Full story here.
- Just a few days after being linked with a January move to Newcastle, Strasbourg star Kenny Lala has refused to rule out a move away this month – Full story here.
- Newcastle fans will get the chance to stream tonight’s Checktrade Trophy clash with Sunderland at the Stadium of Light – with NUFC TV charging £10 for fans in the UK – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez has insisted that he must ‘keep working’ on Jacob Murphy after his struggling FA Cup display – saying that his confidence will only improve if he starts performing – Full story here.