A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Miguel Almiron’s agent has confirmed that he’s spoken to NUFC officials about the players salary – but insists that we must up our transfer offer if we want to sign him from Atlanta – Full story here.
- They called it a ‘lose-lose’ game before kick off last night, but Sunderland fans soon piped up after their senior side beat our kids 4-0 at the Stadium of Light – See their laughable reactions here.
- According to reports in Italy, Newcastle are interested in a deal to sign Juventus full-back Rogerio – with the Italian giants ‘open’ to selling him at the ‘right price’ this month – Full story here.
- If ‘shushing’ NUFC’s fans wasn’t bad enough last night, Sunderland’s captain now claims their win last night has given the Mackems ‘bragging rights‘ – See his celebration and comments here.
- According to the Mirror, Aston Villa are now showing interest in signing Isaac Hayden this month – despite seeing West Brom have a loan bid rejected by Rafa Benitez – Full story here.
- According to reports in Turkey, Newcastle have made enquiry to sign Trabzonspor star Abdulkadir Omur after Benitez urged club officials to sign the man dubbed the ‘Turkish Messi’ – Full story here.
- According to the Mirror, Leeds have ended their interest in Newcastle goalkeeper Karl Darlow after refusing to meet our £4m asking price – Full story here.
- Elias Sorensen has revealed that Fernando Torres was the striker he idolised when he was growing up – also admitting that Salomon Rondon is the player he looks up to in our senior side – Full story here.