Here’s a round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Jonjo Shelvey took part in his first session with the main group today – with he and several other recent absentees spotted training in Spain today – See full story & pictures here.
- According to a report from Bloomberg, two parties interested in buying NUFC have claimed that Mike Ashley was ‘tricky to negotiate with’ – often being ‘suspicious’ of their offers – Full story here.
- Speaking exclusively to the Chronicle, Mikel Merino has admitted that he “misses a lot of things from Newcastle” – despite impressing at Real Sociedad following his return to Spain last summer – Full story here.
- Dwight Gayle and Jacob Murphy had an eventful games for West Brom last night, with the former getting away with a shocking dive and the latter scoring his first for the baggies – Watch clips of both here.
- Nobby Solano believes Miguel Almiron is very similar to PSG winger Angel Di Maria, believing NUFC fans will grow to ‘love’ him before long – Read his intriguing comments here.
- Several NUFC loanees are struggling for game time following January moves away from St James’ Park – and Elias Sorensen is one of them following a move to Blackpool – See more on here.
- It has been revealed that Sean Longstaff covered more distance than any other player on the pitch at Wolves – with him running 12.65km – Full story here.
- And finally – Jack Colback. You will not believe what some Forest fans are saying about him following his return in their 2-2 draw at West Brom last night – Read their comments here.