A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Steve Bruce has warned Allan Saint-Maximin that he won’t play in his Newcastle United side if he doesn’t work hard and track back – Full story here.
- According to L’Equipe, Newcastle have held talks with Lille about the possibility of signing midfielder Thiago Maia – Full story here.
- Steve Bruce has decided against bringing Andy Carroll back to Newcastle United according to the Mirror’s north-east reporter Ian Murtagh, – Full story here.
- Some exciting footage has emerged from the club this afternoon, showing Allan Saint-Maximin scoring a few pearlers during his first training training session with his new NUFC teammates – See them here.
- In his latest blog post, Rafa Benitez has accused Mike Ashley’s ‘unfulfilled promises’ and a ‘lack of project’, feeling he had to leave as a ‘leopard can’t change its spots’ – Read his comments in full here.
- West Brom are ‘pushing hard’ to complete a loan deal with an option to buy for Dwight Gayle, according to the Telegraph – but they’ll face stiff competition from both Leeds and Stoke – Full story here.
- According to Lee Ryder, Javier Manquillo could yet leave on loan over the final 4 days of the transfer window – despite his impressive pre-season performances – Full story here.
- After reports in France claimed we were ‘in talks’ with Monaco’s Djibril Sidibé just 10 days ago, it’s now reported that Everton are set to sign the French international right-back – Full story here.