Today’s round up of all NUFC related transfer talk:
- The Chronicle’s Lee Ryder claims he expects to see Eibar centre-back Florian Lejeune confirmed as a Newcastle United by the start of pre-season on Monday.
- Newcastle have seen their initial loan bid for Liverpool’s Sheyi Ojo turned down, with Jurgen Klopp wanting to see the winger in action during pre-season before making a decision on his future (The Mirror)
- Newcastle genuine interest in £5m rated Hamburg midfielder Lewis Holtby, with the former Spurs midfielder confirmed to be one of a number of potential midfield targets according to local press (Shields Gazette)
- The Chronicle claim NUFC could be willing to offer Andre Gray £70,000 a week to lure him to St. James’ Park this summer after he saw contract talks with Burnley stall.
- Bournemouth have signed Nathan Ake for £20m from Chelsea, with the highly rated Dutch defender being a player Rafa Benitez previously showed interest in loaning from ex-club Chelsea this summer (The Chronicle).
- Italian reports claim Pepe Reina has rejected a one-year contract extension with Napoli, with Rafa Benitez seeing the Spaniard as his number one goalkeeping target this summer.