Today’s round up of all NUFC related transfer talk:
- Arsenal left-back Kieran Gibbs is believed to be one of NUFC’s ‘leading targets’ this summer and is available for a fee in the region of £10m (Northern Echo)
- The Chronicle claim that Florian Lejeune won’t be Benitez’s only buy from Spain this summer, revealing we have ‘held talks’ with an unnamed La Liga central midfielder this week.
- Newcastle have announced the signings of centre-back pair Stefan O’Connor and Josef Yarney, formerly of Arsenal and Everton respectively. The pair are expected to link up with the U-23 squad.
- NUFC youngsters Tom Heardman and Alex Gilliead have secured loan moves to League One clubs today, with striker Heardman signing for Lee Clark’s Bury on season-long loan, whilst winger Gilliead joins last season’s promotion contenders, Bradford City.
- Rafa Benitez remains in the market for loan signings from the Premier League’s top six and is still pursuing deals for Liverpool’s Sheyi Ojo and Chelsea’s Ruben Lofts-Cheek (Northern Echo)
- Norwich City are planning a move for £2.8m rated Newcastle Striker Daryl Murphy (4th official)
- NUFC are interested in signing Fabian Delph from Manchester City but are reluctant to pay the £12million fee required – Stoke and West Brom are also keen (The Telegraph).