A round up of all of today’s NUFC related news and gossip:
- Christian Atsu has revealed the biggest factor behind his remarkable development at NUFC, claiming Rafa Benitez’s advice and support has played a huge role, with the Spaniard asking the winger to ‘use his speed more’ to ‘get behind’ defences.
- TWO incredible stats about our start to the season have been revealed, with The Chronicles Mark Douglas confirming that no promote side has made a better start than NUFC over the last decade + there has NEVER been a team relegated from the Premier League after accumulating 9 points from their first 5 games – bodes well!
- Newcastle & Crystal Palace are believed to be eyeing a January move for PSG goalkeeper Alphonse Areola, with reports that the France U-21 international is looking for a move after fearing the French giants will splash the cash again to replace him (The Sun)
- Former midfielder Joey Barton has spoken out about Newcastle’s start to the new Premier League season, admitting that he ‘feared’ for the our Premier League safety following the Huddersfield defeat, but has since been impressed following our run of three successive wins.
- Matt Ritchie’s 4 assists in 5 games have put the NUFC midfielder in the mix with Premier League stars Mkhitaryan, Silva and De Bruyne as the top creator so far this season – an impressive stat given we’ve scored 6 goals to the Manchester clubs 16 so far!
- Midfield maestro Mikel Merino continues to impress on and off the pitch, with the Spaniard having vowed to give ‘100%’ every week for the ‘incredible’ NUFC fans, claiming he will fight for the ball and aim to come off the pitch ‘exhausted’ every week to prove to the fans he has given his all.