A round up of all of today’s NUFC related news and gossip:
- Ayoze Perez has played down suggestions that the club are in ‘crisis’ following a training ground fight betweenJamaal Lascelles and Mo Diame, claiming that this is something that happens at ‘every English team’ and has not affected the ‘great spirit’ that remains in the dressing room.
- Yet more intriguing developments on the potential sale of NUFC, with The Times now reporting that Mike Ashley wants a ‘quick sale’ at NUFC, having accepted that the current squad would need strengthening in January – something he is unwilling to invest in given his long term ventures lie elsewhere. CLICK HERE for the full story and how this could negatively impact our January window.
- Rafa Benitez has spoken out today about each and every one of his six summer signings, assessing their start to life at the club and explaining what they will bring to the table in the weeks and months to come.
- Rafa Benitez has commented on the potential takeover at NUFC for the first time since meeting leading candidate Amanda Staveley a week ago, stating that what goes on behind the scenes will not change his approach over the coming months, despite admitting ‘more money’ could give him the backing to sign superior players.
- It has been revealed that Liverpool striker Danny Ings had an offer to sign for Newcastle United on loan this summer, however the fit-again forward was keen to wait it out at Anfield in hope of getting his chance under Jurgen Klopp (The Times).
- And finally, an absolute must watch interview with Alan Shearer here, showing the former NUFC number 9 like never before. CLICK HERE to watch the full interview with the True Geordie.