A round up of all of today’s NUFC related news and gossip:
- Some revealing information has been shared today by Reuters – a reliable business news agency based in London – who understand that Amanda Staveley’s investment firm are interested in bidding $400m (£303m) to take Newcastle United off Mike Ashley’s hands – proposing £150m of squad investment over the next two years (FULL STORY HERE)
- The Chronicle also claim that the club are now ready to talk to the businesswoman – who is believed to have been backed with a whopping £7 billion by Arab investors in order to secure a Premier League club.
- Turkish billionaire Murat Ulker has now denied his interest in buying NUFC after the Evening Standard suggested yesterday that he could be a ‘front runner’ to takeover.
- Rafa Benitez has spoken out for the first time following Monday’s news declaring the club officially up for sale, with the Spaniard urging players and fans to concentrate on matters on the pitch so this does not distract from our strong start to the season.
- Russian tycoon Mikhail Prokhorov has emerged as the latest man to be ‘monitoring the situation’ on Tyneside according to an exclusive in the Shields Gazette this morning.
- Prior to last night’s 1-1 draw with Real Madrid, Moussa Sissoko had been speaking about NUFC again, explaining that European nights in the Bernabeu show just how Tottenham are ‘better’ than Newcastle.
- Reported January Target Cenk Tosun has been on the goal trail again, scoring twice in Besiktas’ 2-1 win over Monaco in the Champions League last night – CLICK HERE to watch his goals.
- And finally – ‘Ranking Rafa’s SIX summer signings on their starts to life at NUFC’ – worth a read to see if you agree with our assessment of our new boys performances so far.