A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Rafa Benitez has got NUFC fans talking today after giving an interesting response to questions about a potential takeover and January spending – Read Rafa’s intriguing comments here.
- According to an exclusive in the Daily Mail, NUFC outcast Aleksandar Mitrovic has been offered to West Ham ahead of the January transfer window – Read full story here.
- Some good and bad news on the fitness front ahead of tomorrow’s game with Everton, with Jamaal Lascelles expected to return to the NUFC XI, but news that Paul Dummett’s return has been postponed due to illness – Full story here.
- Speaking to the press today ahead of tomorrow nights crucial clash with Everton, Rafa Benitez has sent a passionate message to each and every NUFC fan to St James’ Park, pleading with fans to stay behind the players, even if they are making mistakes – stressing that things will only get worse with criticism from the stands during games – Read Rafa’s desperate plea to fans here.
- Karl Darlow has admitted that he was ‘incredibly close’ to joining Middlesbrough over the summer, revealing that he wouldn’t be at NUFC today if a deal for his replacement hadn’t fallen through at the last minute – Read fascinating full story here.
- Rafa Benitez has made a brilliant point when questioning Mike Ashley’s potential investment ahead of the January window, stating that, as a businessman, he must know that he’ll only get his asking price for NUFC if we are performing better on the pitch – reminding him that new signings are essential to make that happen – Read Rafa’s interesting comments in full here.
- Former NUFC full-back Kevin Mbabu has scored a stunning solo goal for BSC Young Boys over the weekend, leaving NUFC fans wondering if Rafa was right to sell him so soon – WATCH his superb goal here.
- And finally, Sam Allardyce has opened up about his time at Newcastle and his long-standing feud with Rafa Benitez ahead of his return to St James’ tomorrow – Read Big Sam’s full pre-match comments here.