A round up of all of today’s news and gossip:
- Some concerning claims coming from the Northern Echo today, who state that Chelsea have made Jamaal Lascelles their ‘top defensive target’ this summer and could pay £50m to sign the Newcastle captain. Full story here.
- Ex-NUFC star Kieron Dyer has revealed some fascinating stories about his time on Tyneside – watch his brilliant interview with the True Geordie here.
- NUFC skipper Jamaal Lascelles has admitted what’s impressed him so much about Martin Dubravka since his deadline day arrival, stating that he was ‘the voice at the back’ against Man Utd and has been ‘bossing people about’. Full story here.
- Former Man City Fanzone member Walter Smith has discussed a potential takeover at NUFC, explaining to fans why one may come ‘a few years too late’ in the summer. Full story here.
- “SIX senior players NUFC will offload in the summer – regardless of what league we’re in”. An interesting look at some potential exits at the club this summer. Read full story here.
- Ex-NUFC defender Sol Campbell looks set to miss out on the Oxford United job to another former Mag in Craig Bellamy, however he’s not taken to it too well, saying they have missed After missing out on the ‘one of the greatest minds in football’. Read his amusing quotes here.
- Following today’s news about Islam Slimani, we’ve looked at the NUFC team we’d like to see Rafa Benitez start at Bournemouth tomorrow – Full story here.