A round up of all of today’s news & gossip:
- Rafa Benitez could be set to have TWO players missing for Saturday’s trip to Liverpool, with both Jonjo Shelvey and Dwight Gayle emerging with injury concerns following Saturday’s 2-2 draw at Bournemouth – Full story here.
- It has emerged from Algeria today that Islam Slimani could be set to play for his national side in the upcoming international break – meaning he could be playing for his country before he’s even kicked a ball for NUFC! – Full story here.
- NUFC catpain Jamaal Lascelles believes he has a ‘good chance’ of making the England squad for this summer’s World Cup if he keeps doing his job at club level – however insists that he is focused on keeping Newcastle in the Premier League before anything else. Full story here.
- After Achraf Lazaar was frozen out mid-way through his loan move to Benevento, Rafa Benitez has admitted that he tried to ‘find a solution’ for the Moroccan but was unable to bring the defender back to Tyneside – Full story here.
- The Chronicle have revealed that NUFC coach Peter Beardsley is now facing a new set of allegations, with U-23 and U-18 players claiming that he used racist language towards them in training following a series of interviews at the club – Full story here.
- Former NUFC defender Steven Taylor has made the headlines for his role in Peterborough’s 2-1 win over Walsall on Tuesday night – with him running onto the pitch to help sweep away the snow after the referee deemed the pitch unplayable! Watch the clip here.
- It’s not looking good for ex-NUFC duo Alan Pardew and Sam Allardyce, with reports today suggesting that the pair haven’t got long left at respective clubs West Brom and Everton – Full story here.
- Vincent Koziello – Hatem Ben Arfa’s former teammate at Nice – has admitted that he is ‘sad’ to see the former NUFC winger being wasted at PSG, admitting that the Frenchman is struggling after being completely frozen out by ‘the club of his heart’. Full story here.