A round up of all of today’s news & transfer gossip:
- Lee Charnley has opened up about the financial ‘risk’ Mike Ashley took following our drop into the Championship, revealing just how it impacted the club ever since in a rare interview from NUFC’s managing director – Read his responses in full here.
- After the Mail claimed Amanda Staveley’s potential takeover was ‘dead in the water’, Charnley also admitted that the club are ‘planning and assuming’ that Mike Ashley will still be the owner of NUFC ahead of the upcoming season – Full story here.
- According to leading Belgian outlet HLN, Newcastle United have submitted a ‘concrete bid’ of €1.3m to sign Swedish international attacker Kerim Mrabti – the man tipped to become ‘the next Eden Hazard’ in Sweden – Full story here.
- Reputable French paper ‘L’Equipe’ claim that Gigi Buffon’s move to PSG could see fellow goalkeeper Alphonse Areola seal a £13m move to Newcastle – with Benitez said to be a ‘long term admirer’ of the 25-year-old stopper – Full story here.
- NUFC’s managing director Lee Charnley admitted that Matt Ritchie only signed for the club after our relegation on the basis of ‘one year in the Championship then I am going to the Premier League” – Full story here.
- The agent of forgotten NUFC defender Achraf Lazaar claims that the Moroccan will refuse all offers to leave Newcastle this summer, insisting that he is determined to fight for his place under Rafa Benitez – Full story here.
- Dwight Gayle has explained just why ‘close friend’ Jonjo Shelvey is misunderstood, sharing some brilliant stories about his ‘will to win’ – admitting how he even gets stuck into tackles when playing with his kids in the garden! – Read story in full here.
- Martin Dubravka has admitted that his permanent move to Newcastle ‘depends on Rafa Benitez’ – suggesting that recent uncertainty over the Spaniard’s future has stopped a deal from being finalised – Full story here.
- According to the Chronicle, Rafa Benitez is an admirer of Ruben Loftus-Cheek and made attempts to sign the Chelsea midfielder prior to his loan move to Crystal Palace last summer – Full story here.