A round up of all of today’s news & transfer gossip:
- As confirmed by the Chronicle this morning, NUFC have been offered the chance to sign Daniel Sturridge for £15m – however Rafa has not forgotten his decision to snub us in January and will look at other options instead – Full story here.
- According to reports in Turkey, Newcastle have now made ‘serious strides’ in their attempt to sign Besiktas midfielder Oguzhan Özyakup – claiming that we’ve now met the players new €10m (£8.7m) release clause – Full story here.
- It has been revealed in a recent piece by the Chronicle that Newcastle are ‘working hard’ on deals to bring in summer signing number two – revealing that two players from Ligue 1 and one from La Liga are currently being looked at – Full story here.
- According to leading Belgian outlet ‘HLN’ and trusted journalist Kristof Terreur, Newcastle are ‘preparing a bid’ to sign highly-rated Belgian winger Anthony Limbombé – Full story here.
- According to France Football, PSG goalkeeper Alphonse Areola has held ‘multiple meetings’ with Rafa Benitez ahead of a possible move to Newcastle – a deal which makes little sense to us given our alleged transfer budget – Full story here.
- Rolando Aarons’ Newcastle United future is hanging in the balance according to the Shields Gazette, who claim that the winger is not in Rafa Benitez’s plans next season and could be sold this summer – Full story here.
- According to reports in the Middle East, reported NUFC target Adama Traore has a release clause of £18m – with this believed to have been activated as Middlesbrough failed to earn promotion last season – Full story here.
- Newcastle are one of several Premier League clubs interested in signing West Ham’s Michail Antonio according to an exclusive from TEAMtalk – claiming the winger has been told he is not in Pellegrini’s plans at the London Stadium – Full story here.
(Fancy writing for us? Send any articles/ideas over to us at NUFCblogsubmissions@gmail.com & we’ll get back to you!)
About Olly Hawkins
Olly has been a Junior Magpie from birth. As a season ticket holder and avid Newcastle United fan - he eats, sleeps and breathes all things NUFC.