A round up of all of today’s news & transfer gossip:
- Despite rejecting ‘several’ professional contract offers from PSG and being ‘open’ to a move to England, it’s emerged from France in the last few moments that left-back target Stanley N’Soki has now rejected an offer from NUFC – Full story here.
- According to The Times’ Gary Jacob, Newcastle are now ‘among the clubs interested’ in a deal to sign Crystal Palace’s versatile defender Jairo Riedewald – Full story here.
- According to L’EQUIPE, Newcastle have now made contact with Toulouse over centre-back Christopher Jullien – claiming we are expected to make a bid ‘imminently’ after Rafa identified the Frenchman as one of his ‘priority’ targets – Full story here.
- Jamaal Lascelles has told Sky Sports’ Keith Downie that new NUFC signing Salomon Rondon is ‘the most physical striker’ he’s ever faced in the Premier League – Full story here.
- After coming under criticism for his running of Newcastle United, Mike Ashley has hit back in quite unbelievable fashion – claiming he is being treated as the ‘pantomime villain’ despite providing Rafa Benitez and NUFC with ‘continued financial support’ – Full story here.
- According to The Chronicle’s Chris Waugh, Newcastle have ‘watched’ both Toulouse’s Christopher Jullien and Lyon’s Myziane Maolida – however he believes deals for both look ‘unlikely at the minute’ – Full story here.
- With Salmon Rondon now confirmed as a Newcastle United player, we’ve found out what West Brom fans think of the striker ahead of his season-long loan at St James’ Park – See their very interesting assessments here.
- According to Richard Keys, we should all be grateful for what Mike Ashley has done for NUFC – claiming that he’s given us ‘financial stability’ and a ‘future’ – as well as being responsible for Shearer and Benitez’s appointments – Full story here.