A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Rafa Benitez has confirmed that Jamaal Lascelles, Jonjo Shelvey and Salomon Rondon are all fit and ready ahead of tomorrow’s crucial game at Crystal Palace – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez has confirmed that contract talks will have to wait until after the January window – admitting that they should resume during the season, but insisting that his focus is simply winning his next game for now – Full story here.
- On his first appearance since April 2017, Hatem Ben Arfa came off from the bench to score a 90th minute winner for Rennes in the Europa League last night – Watch the goal here.
- Kenedy may not be in the best of form right now, but some impressive footage has emerged of him from the Newcastle United training ground – showing him score from a seemingly impossible angle – Watch it here.
- According to ClubCall, Newcastle United have sent scouts to watch Olympiakos midfielder Mady Camara in Europa League action – and they were left ‘impressed’ by what they saw from the 21-year-old – Full story here.
- Paul Merson has predicted for Crystal Palace to beat us 1-0 this weekend – saying that it was worrying how we ‘completely and utterly went’ after Arsenal took the lead last weekend – Full story here.
- Joey Barton has taken ex-Newcastle United defender Ryan Taylor on trial with Fleetwood – and has admitted that there could be a position for him to sign permanently after impressing both on and off the pitch – Full story here.