A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Some mixed news has emerged from the NUFC training ground today, with Lascelles , Shelvey, Lejeune, Muto and Darlow shown to be back in action – however Paul Dummett was nowhere to be seen once again – Full story here.
- As confirmed by the Chronicle’s Lee Ryder, Leeds United have now enquired about a deal to sign top NUFC youngster Freddie Woodman on loan in January – Full story here.
- Martin Hardy – one of the more reputable North East journalists – claims we paid ‘as little as £3-4m’ to sign Federico Fernandez from Swansea – a deal that looks set to be one of the bargains of the summer – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez has praised stand-in Newcastle captain Ciaran Clark for his performance at Burnley on Monday, praising his ability to come in from the cold and play at such a high level against a physical Burnley front line – Full story here.
- As revealed by HITC, Sunderland have now invited former Newcastle United defender David Edgar to join the club on trial next month – Full story here.
- According to reports in Italy, Genoa are now set to reignite their interest in forgotten Newcastle defender Achraf Lazaar in January – and he looks almost certain to leave if an offer does in fact arrive – Full story here.
- Former Arsenal midfielder Ray Parlour has praised Ki Sung-yueng following his impressive performance at Burnley on Monday, saying the South Korean is a ‘real quality player’ who is ‘never flustered’ on the ball – Full story here.
- And finally, a closer look at NUFC youngsters Callum Roberts and Sean Longstaff – two players who are looking at cut above the rest at U-23 level despite 16 goals for Elias Sorensen – Full story here.