A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Manchester United are set to submit an opening bid for Sean Longstaff in the ‘next 48 hours’ according to the Telegraph – Full story here.
- In response, the Chronicle say Newcastle have ‘re-iterated their message’ to Man Utd over Sean Longstaff – insisting he’s ‘not for sale at any price’ – Full story here.
- Newcastle are one of several clubs keen to sign Liverpool winger Harry Wilson according to Sky Sports – Full story here.
- According to the Shields Gazette’s Miles Starforth, Mike Ashley is ready to meet Rafa Benitez once again and ‘finalise’ a contract agreement after 7 days of talks – Full story here.
- Pictures have been leaked online of what appears to be Newcastle United’s new home kit for the 2019/20 season – and it’s not gone down well at all with fans – See all three new photos here.
- Rafa Benitez is trying to convince Mike Ashley to sign Juan Mata on a free this summer according to an ‘exclusive’ from the Sun – Full story here.
- According to David Coverdale, ‘recruitment strategy‘ and the club’s ‘wage structure‘ were two ‘sticking points’ during contract talks between Mike Ashley and Rafa Benitez – Full story here.
- 19-year-old Monaco winger Mehdi Zerkane has entered discussions with Newcastle United, according to L’Equipe – Full story here.
- After our interest was confirmed on Monday, Club Brugge star Wesley Moraes has admitted that he’s keen to join a Premier League club this summer – Full story here.