A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Swedish right-back Emil Krafth is keen to complete a move to Newcastle according to Alan Nixon – but he claims the club are refusing to pay Amiens’ asking price – Full story here.
- During an appearance on talkSPORT, Steve Bruce has mocked the “so-called” protest following Rafa Benitez’s exit – saying he’s confident fans will ‘stand behind their team’ instead of boycotting – Read his comments here.
- Salomon Rondon has hit back at Mike Ashley after missing out on a permanent move to Newcastle, saying he clearly “doesn’t understand football” if he felt he was ‘too old’ to sign at 29 – Full story here.
- According to the Daily Mail, Ciaran Clark could seal a £6m move to Bristol City after their star centre-back Adam Webster closes in on a £25m move to Brighton – Full story here.
- The club have revealed our new third kit for the 2018/19 season – a bright orange top that has divided opinion on social media – See it here.
- According to the Daily Mail, Rafa Benitez has told friends that he would have stayed at Newcastle for ‘at least another year’ had he been able to trust the NUFC owner – playing down Ashley’s new China claims – Full story here.
- Jamaal Lascelles has backed Joelinton to be ‘perfect’ for the Premier League, saying he’s raring to go an will be ‘ready’ for the challenge that awaits – Full story here.
- According to the Sun’s Mike McGrath, Crystal Palace are preparing a £5m move for Newcastle United centre-back Ciaran Clark – Full story here.
- Two years on from our £9m bid, former Rafa Benitez target Nicolas Pepe looks set to complete a whopping £70m move to Arsenal after completing his medical today – Full story here.
(Fancy writing for us? Send any articles/ideas over to us at NUFCblogsubmissions@gmail.com & we’ll get back to you!)
About Olly Hawkins
Olly has been a Junior Magpie from birth. As a season ticket holder and avid Newcastle United fan - he eats, sleeps and breathes all things NUFC.