A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Rafa Benitez has revealed that he rejected an offer from Steven Gerrard last summer when the Rangers boss asked to take Sean Longstaff on loan – Full story here.
- Local rivals Sunderland have announced that former Bolton boss Phil Parkinson has been appointed as the club’s new manager – Full story here.
- Dwight Gayle has been spotted in high spirits in training this week – and the forgotten forward could make his first appearance for the club in 18 months on Saturday – Full story here.
- Matt Ritchie is a “big favourite” of Steve Bruce’s according to the Chronicle – who also reveal how Fabian Schar has also left the NUFC coach ‘very impressed’ – Full story here.
- Ex-Mag Jose Enrique has had his say on the situation at Newcastle United, discussing owner Mike Ashley, Rafa Benitez and Steve Bruce in his chat with Sky Sports News – Full story here.
- According to some surprising statistics, Jetro Willems has been one of the best defensive left-backs in the league when he’s played this season – Read why here.
- As highlighted by the Chronicle, there are currently SIX Newcastle United players who’ll leave the club on a free next summer as things stand – Full story here.
- And finally, a closer look at Shelvey and Ki’s losing battle to regain their first-team place after Steve Bruce’s midfield plans are revealed – Full story here.