A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Matt Ritchie has suffered a setback in training – while tomorrow’s game will also come too soon for Fabian Schar and Florian Lejeune – Full story here.
- Matty Longstaff has earned his first call up to the England U20 squad for their games against Portugal and Iceland later this month – Full story here.
- According to The Times, Newcastle are set to offer Granit Xhaka an escape route from Arsenal in the new year – Full story here.
- Neil Redfearn is being linked with an immediate return to football, with him reportedly battling ex-Sunderland boss Jack Ross for the vacant Hibernian job – Full story here.
- Mark Douglas believes Steve Bruce is interested in Granit Xhaka – claiming he’s been on the club’s radar since the days of Graham Carr – however he feels the deal may not be possible financially – Full story here.
- Charlie Nicholas has released his prediction for Newcastle vs Bournemouth – and has made some strange comments about Bruce and NUFC – Full story here.
- A Newcastle United statement has confirmed that highly-rated England U19 international Kelland Watts has signed a 3-year deal with the club – Full story here.
- Despite scoring last weekend, Sheffield Wednesday fans continue to be left unimpressed by Jacob Murphy – Read their worrying comments on social media here.
(Fancy writing for us? Send any articles/ideas over to us at NUFCblogsubmissions@gmail.com & we’ll get back to you!)
About Olly Hawkins
Olly has been a Junior Magpie from birth. As a season ticket holder and avid Newcastle United fan - he eats, sleeps and breathes all things NUFC.