Mike Ashley issues takeover ‘update’ & sends message to Steve Bruce and the NUFC squad

Steve Bruce has revealed details of his post-match chat with Mike Ashley following Sunday’s defeat to Liverpool, with the NUFC owner reiterating that the £300m deal is STILL in the hands of Premier League chiefs and yet to be decided upon.

It’s also emerged that Mike Ashley’s ‘Zoom call’ saw him issue a thank you message to Bruce, his staff and the Newcastle United squad for their efforts over the 2019/20 season.

Bruce has also revealed that another chat with Ashley has been organised for Wednesday, with the club needing to take stock of the current situation now the season is over and transfer window open.

Here’s what Bruce has had to say:

“He wanted to say thank you to all my players and staff for the hard work and effort and to enjoy the summer.

“What he reiterated was it’s in the hands of the Premier League and it’s been like that for weeks.

“I’ve got a call in to Mike on Wednesday,”

“We need a decision and one quickly. How long do we need to make that decision?

“All I want is what’s best for this great club. If new owners come in and take the club forward that’s what we all want as Newcastle fans.”

Based on what’s been said over the past few weeks and months, it sounds like this may be the first time Bruce has heard from his ‘boss’ in quite some time – which say a lot really.

Bruce then commented on the season as a whole, saying he’s satisfied with our survival but wants to see us kick on now – not look over shoulders each season:

We’re disappointed that we faded a bit at the death [in recent weeks].

We’re disappointed not to overtake last year’s tally. But if someone said at the start of the season would you be happy to finish with seven teams below you, we’d have taken that.

“But that’s not enough. We want to push for the top 10 on a regular basis and not look over our shoulders.:

Now the season is over, the transfer window is open and 2020/21 just a matter of weeks away, let’s hope we have more clarity on this takeover saga when Bruce meets Ashley for talks on Wednesday.

This can NOT go on much longer.

Follow us on Twitter (@NUFCBlogcoukFollow us on Facebook HERE

(Fancy writing for us? Send any articles/ideas over to us at NUFCblogsubmissions@gmail.com & we’ll get back to you!)

About Olly Hawkins

Olly has been a Junior Magpie from birth. As a season ticket holder and avid Newcastle United fan - he eats, sleeps and breathes all things NUFC.

2 thoughts on “Mike Ashley issues takeover ‘update’ & sends message to Steve Bruce and the NUFC squad

  1. The season is over. The FL have no fixtures to sort for the current season, so PULL YOUR FINGERS OUT AND GIVE US A YES OR NO. This limbo is debilitating for the team, the management and the fans, and so unfair.

      (Quote)

  2. I firmly believe the PL are stalling on the decision because they are scsred we will overtake the Southern clubs & Nort West clubs & stop the stranglehold they have. Imagine us having backers with millions to invest in OUR club!!! Hope it is resolved quickly from now on!!! HTL

      (Quote)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Question   Razz  Sad   Evil  Exclaim  Smile  Redface  Biggrin  Surprised  Eek   Confused   Cool  LOL   Mad   Twisted  Rolleyes   Wink  Idea  Arrow  Neutral  Cry   Mr. Green