Today’s top stories and transfer gossip – 13th July, 2021:
- Newcastle have opened talks with Arsenal over a potential loan deal to bring Joe Willock back to St James’ Park, according to The Times – Full story here.
- Steve Bruce has confirmed that Newcastle coach Graeme Jones won’t be back for “two or three weeks” after granting him a break following Euro 2020 – Full story here.
- According to The Athletic, Toon target Kristoffer Ajer has now been valued at £20m by Celtic after The Hoops rejected a £10m bid from Norwich and £12m offer from Brentford over the weekend – Full story here.
- After the Daily Mail reported that Southampton were ‘in talks’ to sign Isaac Hayden, sources close to the club have told Lee Ryder (Chronicle) and Liam Kennedy (Gazette) that there is no truth in these new rumours.
- The Shields Gazette claim that Steve Bruce remains interested in signing Leicester City midfielder Hamza Choudhury.
- Elsewhere, Charlie has looked at the staggering cost of the new Castore kit, with the Newcastle United shirt amongst the most expensive in the Premier League ahead of the 2021/22 season – Full story here.
Follow us on Twitter (@NUFCBlogcouk) and on Facebook HERE