At 10am this morning, Newcastle United released tickets for our two home pre-season friendlies against Atalanta and Athletic Bilbao.
To say the reaction has been huge – as it was with season tickets and memberships – would be an understatement, validating claims that an expansion of St James’ Park can’t come quick enough.
Starting at the stadium itself, fans have been pictured (see below) queuing from the Box Office all the way down to the Alan Shearer statue at quarter to 10 this morning.
As for the online queue, almost 20,000 fans were logging on to buy tickets just minutes after they went on sale, with the Box Office advising a wait time of over an hour (book here).
Here’s the line of fans spotted outside St James’ Park 15 minutes before tickets went on sale:
A reminder that this is for two pre-season friendlies – not the opening day of the 2022/23 Premier League season!
The buzz around the club is at an all-time high and the return of football at St James’ Park can’t come quick enough!
- 1st July (Friday) – Players due back for pre-season training
- 9th July (Saturday) – Gateshead (behind-closed-doors) at Newcastle United’s training centre.
- – Austria training camp
- 15th July (Friday) – 1860 Munich (6pm local time) at SaalfeldenArena Bürgerau
- 18th July (Monday) – Mainz 05 (5pm local time) at Kufstein Arena
- 26th July (Tuesday) – Benfica (8pm local time) at Estádio da Luz
- 29th July (Friday) – Atalanta (7.45pm BST) at St James’ Park
- 30th July (Saturday) – Athletic Bilbao (3pm BST) at St James’ Park