Today’s NUFC related transfer talk:
- Newcastle have made an offer for Arsenal target Henry Onyekuru – the 19 year-old forward who scored 22 goals in Belgiam last season (The Express).
- The future of NUFC target Pepe Reina has taken a fresh twist, with the Napoli goalkeeper believed to have not registered his kids at their current school in Naplies.
- Newcastle United have announced that Florian Thauvin has signed for Marseille on a permanent deal.
- Sheffield Wednesday have made a move to sign NUFC centre-back Grant Hanley (Sheffield Star)
- Eibar’s Sporting director Fran Garagarza has admitted that his club could be set to lose star centre-back Florian Lejeune, stating Newcastle have made some ‘very strong steps’ towards his signature (MARCA).
- Newcastle have this afternoon announced their list of retained players, confirming that long serving players Vurnon Anita, Sammy Ameobi, Haris Vuckic and Lubo Satka will all leave the club when their contracts expire this summer.
- Former NUFC striker Nile Ranger, currently in jail, could face investigation after a tribute to former teammate Cheick Tiote appeared on his personal Twitter account (The Mirror).
- Former Newcastle United youth coach George Ormond has appeared in court charged with 29 historic sexual offences dating back more than 40 years (The Northern Echo).
- DeAndre Yedlin provided an impressive assist in the USA’s 2-0 win over Trinidad & Tobago last night (See below for video)
"The legend continues."
— U.S. Soccer (@ussoccer) June 9, 2017