A round up of all of today’s NUFC related news and gossip:
- Speaking at the NUFC Foundation awards dinner last night, Rafa Benitez has sent a message to those who have been overly critical of him and his Newcastle United players following a dip in form in recent weeks, restating the importance of everyone sticking together to keep us in the Premier League – claiming it is too easy for fans to criticise sometimes. See full speech here.
- According to the Northern Echo, NUFC will rekindle his interest in Fulham star Tom Cairney in January, with the report stating Rafa will ‘prioritise’ a deal for the playmaker regardless of who is in charge at the club this winter – Read full story here.
- The Chronicle have also revealed that Rafa Benitez is looking to bring Liverpool striker Danny Ings in on a loan in January – a deal they claim WILL be sanctioned at NUFC regardless of a takeover occurring between now and the upcoming transfer window – Read full story here.
- Jonjo Shelvey has been overlooked once again by Gareth Southgate, with the England boss choosing to bring in Jack Cork and Jake Livermore in place of injured central midfielders Jordan Henderson, Fabian Delph and Harry Winks – who were all forced to withdraw this week – Read full article and some interesting fan reactions here.
- Back to last night’s awards dinner and Shola Ameobi gave an emotional speech after being inducted into the NUFC Hall of Fame – watch his touching reaction and speech following the award here.
- Ayoze Perez has admitted that Rafa Benitez told the players that they had to realise that they ‘did not do well at all’ in the dressing room following the defeat to Bournemouth on Saturday, asking them not to blame each other, but to learn from their mistakes instead – Read full article here.
- NUFC target Cenk Tosun has done little to play down rumours of a potential move away from Besiktas in January, admitting he would ‘like to play in Europe’ when asked about a possible move away this winter – Read full quotes here.
- Injury news has went against us once more ahead of our upcoming trip to Old Trafford, with reports claiming star midfielder Paul Pogba is set to make his long-awaited return for Man Utd against us next weekend – Read full article here.