Here’s a round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Salomon Rondon has been named Newcastle United’s official Player of the Year for the 2018/19 season – Full story here.
- According to the Telegraph, Crystal Palace are the latest team to register an interest in Isaac Hayden – Full story here.
- Some positive pictures have emerged from the Newcastle training ground today, with Miguel Almiron spotted kicking a ball again just weeks after suffering a ;season-ending’ hamstring injury – Full story here.
- Salomon Rondon has paid tribute to his teammates and the Toon Army after becoming the first NUFC striker since Alan Shearer to land the club’s Player of the Season award – Read his comments here.
- The Chronicle have revealed how Rafa Benitez attempted to keep both Moussa Sissoko and Georginio Wijnaldum following relegation in 2016 – Full story here.
- Mo Diame claims he ‘wasn’t fit enough’ to play in a second striker during his first season on Tyneside, suggesting this may have been the main reason he failed to make an immediate impact – Full story here.
- According to the Chronicle, Salomon Rondon will head back to West Brom on Monday, with the striker set to say his goodbyes to the NUFC squad straight after Sunday’s game – Full story here.
- Highly-rated Newcastle United winger Victor Fernandez is back after almost 9 months out, with the young Spaniard pictured training with the first-team yesterday – Full story here.