A round up of all of today’s NUFC related news and gossip:
- Rafa Benitez has discussed the departure of Tim Krul today, explaining that the club have enough goalkeepers and could not stop him from leaving given his need for first-team football – claiming he knew that he had no future at the club once he returned for pre-season this summer.
- NUFC new boy Florian Lejeune looks set to miss out on Sunday’s game with Brighton after Benitez confirmed today that he is having trouble with his ankle.
- The Chronicle have revealed today that Benitez has already started planning for January, drawing up a ‘wish-list’ that addresses his need for full-back cover, a striker and a goalkeeper this winter.
- Middlesbrough boss Garry Monk’s latest comment has left Newcastle and Brighton fans a little bemused after claiming that Fulham were the “best team” in the Championship last season – despite us lifting the title and finishing 14 points above the Cottagers in 6th.
- Former NUFC boss Steve McClaren could be set for a quicker return to English management than many expected, with the current Maccabi Tel Aviv coach being lined up to take over at Birmingham City – a move their supporters are far from happy about!
- Paul Merson is back at it again with his NUFC prediction, predicting for the SIXTH time in a row that Newcastle will not win this weekend, going for a 1-1 draw at the Amex on Sunday. A fair prediction, but if his predictions had been true this season we’d be 2nd bottom on 2 points!
- And finally, we’ve looked at the THREE Brighton players NUFC must watch our for on Sunday – well worth a look ahead of this weekend’s game.