A round up of all of today’s NUFC related news and gossip:
- At just 23, Jamaal Lascelles is comfortably the youngest captain in the Premier League and the NUFC skipper has offered a brilliant insight into what life is really like for him at Newcastle United – admitting he sometimes has to ‘pinch himself’ when he drives past St James’ Park! CLICK HERE for full article.
- Alan Shearer has warned Mike Ashley and potential investors in Newcastle United that the club is at a defining moment in its future, stressing the importance that they now get it right to unearth our ‘huge’ untapped potential. CLICK HERE for full article.
- It’s no secret that Rafa Benitez is on the look-out for another goalkeeper at NUFC and a VERY interesting link has emerged from Spain this morning, who claim both ourselves and Liverpool are ‘keeping a close eye’ on Iker Casillas’ situation at Porto.
- Rafa Benitez has offered a promising update over Jacob Murphy’s start to life at NUFC, stating he is still a young player who is improving each week in training – believing he will still be a good player for us over the season.
- Former NUFC captain Kevin Nolan has admitted just why relegation in 2009 was the best thing that ever happened to him and NUFC in a revealing interview with the Liverpool Echo this week. CLICK HERE for full article.
- Burnley manager Sean Dyche has emerged as the favourite to succeed the recently sacked Ronald Koeman at Everton – a development that could hand us a real boost ahead of next Monday’s trip to Turf Moor.
- And finally, a look at FIVE bullets NUFC look to have dodged over the summer transfer window – an interesting look at heavily linked players you’ll be glad we didn’t sign!