A round up of all of today’s news & gossip:
- NUFC captain Jamaal Lascelles has sent a clear message to Mike Ashley, urging him to keep Rafa Benitez happy this summer and ‘hold on to him for as long as possible’ – Full story here.
- The Telegraph’s Luke Edwards has revealed today that Mike Ashley is set to offer Rafa Benitez a ‘larger’ transfer budget than the one he was handed last summer – Full story here.
- The Chronicle’s Mark Douglas believes there’s ‘no way’ Islam Slimani will start against Huddersfield – but has tipped the striker to be on the bench, meaning he could finally make his NUFC debut – Full story here.
- According to German publication ‘Kicker’, Newcastle United have made an approach to sign Mainz striker Yoshinori Muto – Full story here.
- Former NUFC winger Andros Townsend says he’s hoping he hasn’t played his last game for England, with it looking almost certain that the Palace man won’t be on the plane to Russia this summer – Is someone having regrets? Full story here.
- Jamaal Lascelles has praised the talent and technical ability of Jonjo Shelvey, suggesting Gareth Southgate was wrong to exclude the Newcastle midfielder from his recent England squad – Full story here.
- Paul Merson has made his prediction for Saturday’s visit of Huddersfield to St James’ Park, with him backing us to have ‘too much’ for the Terriers and come away 2-0 winners – Full prediction here.
- According to an exclusive from AllNigeriaSoccer.com, Chief NUFC scout Steve Nickson was present during Nigeria’s 2-0 defeat to Serbia on Tuesday night to scout Super Eagles captain Eddy Onazi – Full story here.
- And finally, Simon has taken a look at the the relegation run-in, predicting how NUFC and each team between 13th-20th will get on between now and the end of the season – Read his brilliant piece here.