A round up of all of today’s news & gossip:
- Speaking to the press today ahead of tomorrow’s game at St James’ Park, Rafa Benitez has confirmed that Islam Slimani WILL be in the squad to face Huddersfield tomorrow – Full story here (featuring all the injury news).
- Speaking to the Brazilian press, Chelsea loanee Kenedy has admitted that it would be a ‘pleasure’ to secure a permanent move to Newcastle United – stating it makes him ‘very happy’ to wear the black and white shirt – Full story here.
- An takeover exclusive from the Telegraph claims Mike Ashley will renew his efforts to sell NUFC as soon as our Premier League safety is confirmed – with fresh interest understood to have arrived from ‘two new parties – Full story here.
- Luke Edwards takeover exclusive also claimed that Mike Ashley is now willing to listen to any new offers from Amanda Staveley – a sign that the NUFC owner is ready to resume talks with the lady he called a time waster in January – Full story here.
- Following the re-emergence of takeover talk and Mike Ashley’s plans, NUFC fans have since developed a worrying theory on the United owner – Read about it here.
- NUFC loanee Jack Colback has thrown another subtle dig at Rafa Benitez, stating ‘it is nice to be wanted’ at Nottingham Forest after being ‘frozen out’ by the Spaniard at Newcastle United – Full story here.
- TalkSPORT host Adrian Durham has named NUFC stopper Freddie Woodman as the surprise wildcard to be named in England’s World Cup squad – very odd. Read full story here.
- Hatem Ben Arfa has said his goodbyes to PSG ahead of his imminent summer release, however we could be seeing him back in England before long, with Leicester City lining up a deal to sign him on a free – Full story here.
- Ahead of tomorrow’s big game at St James’, we’ve named the starting 11 and subs bench we are fully expecting Benitez to name come 2pm Saturday – See it here.
- And finally, for pre-match thoughts, team news and a closer look at tomorrow’s opponents, read our big pre-match preview here.
(Fancy writing for us? Send any articles/ideas over to us at NUFCblogsubmissions@gmail.com & we’ll get back to you!)