A round up of all of today’s news & gossip:
- Following links to Chelsea and Spurs, Rafa Benitez has insisted that the NUFC skipperJamaal Lascelles is ‘happy’ and ‘focused’ on developing his game at Newcastle United – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez has been speaking to the media today ahead of Sunday’s visit of Arsenal to St James’ Park, talking team news, Kenedy’s future and the key factor behind our turnaround in form – Full story here.
- Arsene Wenger’s Arsenal may have emerged through to the semi-finals of the Europa League last night, but there’s several reasons why it could come at a cost ahead of Sunday’s trip to St James’ Park – Full story here.
- Newcastle fans know more than most that Paul Merson is a pretty awful pundit, but his comments about Newcastle during his prediction for Sunday’s game have riled NUFC fans – Read them here.
- After Sunderland closed cash turnstiles this week in a bid to keep NUFC fans out of the Stadium of Light, Newcastle United’s official Twitter page have hit back with a priceless post ahead of Sunday’s game with Arsenal – See it here.
“Why NUFC fans should be desperate to see Islam Slimani start against Arsenal – his perfect opponent” – A closer look at why we’re so keen to see the Algerian striker start on Sunday – Full story here.
- Sky pundit Tony Cottee believes Jonjo Shelvey is England’s best passer of a football and has urged Gareth Southgate to give him his chance to prove he’s worthy of a place in his World Cup squad this summer – Full story here.
- Ex-NUFC captain and current Notts County boss Kevin Nolan has confirmed that he’s hoping to bring former Mag Joey Barton to the club this summer – Full story here.
- And finally, a look at the NUFC side we’re hoping to see start against Arsenal on Sunday (including one big change) – Full story here.