A round up of all of today’s news & transfer gossip:
- According to the Chronicle’s Chris Waugh, Newcastle will be unable to stop Mikel Merino from leaving the club this summer if someone pays his release clause – which is believed to be £13m – Full story here.
- No striker is safe this summer at NUFC according to the Chronicle’s John Gibson, who claims that Rafa could yet cash in on Aleksandar Mitrovic, Dwight Gayle, Joselu & Adam Armstrong to rebuild his attacking options this summer – Full story here.
- According to the Mirror, Aleksandar Mitrovic is now ‘adamant’ that there’s already an agreement for him to join Fulham this summer – despite Newcastle being yet to receive an acceptable offer for the striker – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez is pushing to sign Chelsea’s Ruben Loftus-Cheek on loan according to the Chronicle – however it appears we’ll face stiff competition from Everton and Crystal Palace for the England international midfielder – Full story here.
- According to MARCA, Real Sociedad have now won the race to sign Mikel Merino, with the midfielder choosing a move to the Anoeta Stadium despite interest from several other La Liga sides – Full story here.
- Recently linked Stoke midfielder Badou Ndiaye has admitted that he’ll make a decision on his future after the World Cup, with Turkish reports claiming that he is aware of interest from Newcastle, Everton and former club Galatasaray – Full story here.
- According to the Daily Mail, Newcastle winger Yasin Ben El-Mhanni is attracting interest from Wolves, Watford and Leeds – with the 22-year-old all set to leave the club when his contract expires this summer – Full story here.
- And finally, we’ve had a look into recent links to Andros Townsend, Josh King and Kenedy – being three players Benitez appears to be keen on signing, but deals Ashley may unwilling to sanction – Full story here.
(Fancy writing for us? Send any articles/ideas over to us at NUFCblogsubmissions@gmail.com & we’ll get back to you!)