A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- As confirmed by the club, Rolando Aarons has no completed a loan move away from Newcastle – joining Czech Republic side Slovan Liberec until January – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez has confirmed that both Jonjo Shelvey and Matt Ritchie are ‘training really hard’ and ‘getting closer’ to returning from injury – suggesting both will be back in time for next weekend’s clash with Arsenal at St James’ Park – Full story here.
- Wales kicked off their Nations League campaign with an emphatic 4-1 victory over the Republic of Ireland last night – and Newcastle United defender Ciaran Clark has been absolutely slated following his performance – Full story here.
- Richard Keys is at it again – and this time his dig at Rafa Benitez has included a certain Alan Pardew – with him attempting to make a point that doesn’t add up on so many levels – Full story here.
- After claiming his side are better than Sunderland’s ahead of their trip to Wearside, the Mackems Twitter page asked fans to give Joey the ‘reception he deserves’ tomorrow – a comment that Fleetwood responded brilliantly to – Full story here.
- Four games into the new season, talkSPORT’s ‘super computer’ has predicted where every team will finish in the 2018/19 Premier League table – having Newcastle down to finish in 15th place – See full table here.
- With Florian Lejeune out injured for 2018, Rafa Benitez has admitted that his Newcastle side must ‘change their style’ in his absence – with the ball playing centre-back deemed to be a ‘very important player for us’ by the gaffer – Full story here.
- BT Sport pundit Jermaine Jenas says he can not see Rafa Benitezwalking away from the club – with him believing that he will be reluctant to leave the Premier League; a division where jobs ‘don’t come easy’ – Full story here.
- And finally, with Shelvey and Ritchie edging closer to full fitness, here’s the exciting NUFC XI we expect to see start against Arsenal next weekend – See team here.