A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- According to ‘The National’, Peter Kenyon has been ‘unable’ to raise funds to lodge a bid as of yet – whilst it’s also been confirmed that Amanda Staveley has NOT renewed any contact with Mike Ashley over a possible deal – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez has hinted that he will NOT be looking to sign another striker in January – with him suggesting that he will instead look to sign someone who’ll give us ‘something different’ in other attacking areas – Full story here.
- Martin Dubravka has contacted Jamaal Lascelles in a bid to hold a ‘crisis meeting’ with the entire quad – with the Slovakian insisting that ‘we need to change something’ and be ‘honest’ following our struggling start to the new season – Full story here.
- Forgotten NUFC full-back Achraf Lazaar may have edged his way back into Rafa Benitez’s plans last night, putting in what Lee Ryder described as a ‘dazzling display’ during the U-23’s 5-2 victory over Fulham last night – Full story here.
- A theory has emerged from NUFC fans following news of Peter Kenyon interest in a takeover – with many believing that this is yet another smokescreen enabling Mike Ashley to avoid spending money in January once again – See more here.
- According to the Daily Mail, Rafa Benitez wanted to sign Harry Maguire from a relegated Hull City back in 2017 – however the club deemed the centre-back ‘not good enough’ for the Premier League – Full story here.
- Kevin Keegan has urged NUFC fans to ‘hang in there’ and continue supporting the club – saying he wouldn’t boycott games as ‘Newcastle United is bigger than anyone’ – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez has revealed two things that were said in the dressing room following Saturday’s 0-2 defeat to Leicester – stating that the players were saying we need to be ‘better on the ball‘ and show more ‘intensity‘ – Full story here.