A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Speaking to the press ahead tomorrow’s crucial clash with Brighton, Rafa Benitez has confirmed that the game will come too soon for Salomon Rondon – with Ciaran Clark also ruled out through injury – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez has urged Newcastle United fans to prove Bruno wrong after the Brighton defender claimed earlier in the week that the crowd would get on the team’s back if we started the game badly on Saturday – Full story here.
- The Chronicle have confirmed that Rafa Benitez is in touch with several top European clubs ahead of the January window – contacting PSG, Inter Milan, Chelsea, Liverpool & Atletico Madrid about the availability of their players – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez has praised Yoshinori Muto’s ‘magnificent’ work rate and his ability to give us that ‘bit of pace’ in attack – with him hinting that he could start once again this weekend – Full story here.
- BBC pundit Mark Lawrenson is backing us to beat Brighton 2-0 this weekend and predicts that Rafa Benitez will guide us to safety this season – with him expecting to us to finish at the ‘top end’ of the bottom eight come May next year – Full story here.
- Some brilliant footage has emerged from the club’s training ground yesterday, showing Florian Lejeune back in the gym with his fellow team-mates for the first time since seriously injuring his knee over the summer – Full story here.
- After news that Rafa Benitez has ‘asked’ about Divock Origi’s availability ahead of the January transfer window, the Liverpool Echo have confirmed that Liverpool will demand a fee ‘in excess’ of £20m for the striker – Full story here.
- Paul Merson is tipping us to beat Brighton 1-0 this weekend – however he’s boldly claimed that this is now a ‘must win’ game for Rafa Benitez and NUFC – Read his comments here.
- Rafa Benitez has hinted that there is still hope for Achraf Lazaar as far as his NUFC career is concerned – with the Spaniard confirming that he went to watch the left-back in a recent U-23 fixture – Full story here.