A round up of all of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Rafa Benitez has confirmed that Paul Dummett is OUT of tomorrow’s game with West Ham – also refusing to rule out a move for Miguel Almiron and insisting that a new left-back is high on his priority list ahead of the January window – Full story here.
- Some ‘interesting’ quotes have from the Chronicle, claiming that Mike Ashley has stated ‘behind the scenes’ that he is prepared to make SOME funds available in January – but he’s insisted that he won’t compete with the ‘top six’ – Full story here.
- Ex-NUFC defender Steven Taylor is tipping Sean Longstaff to break into the first-team ‘soon’ – believing he has a real eye for goal who has ‘shown his class’ when training and playing with the senior squad – Full story here.
- According to the Daily Mirror, Newcastle are now weighing up a move to sign Nottingham Forest star Joe Lolley in January – with Premier League rivals Fulham also said to be keen – Full story here.
- Shola Ameobi believes the only reason Aleksandar Mitrovic failed to become a success at St James’ Park was because of his “raw temperament” – feeling this was the reason Rafa Benitez refused to play the Serbian – Full story here.
- Despite a brilliant performance at Burnley, it looks like Ciaran Clark could be dropped for tactical reasons for Saturday’s trip to West Ham – unless Rafa opts to continue with five at the back at St James’ Park – Full story here.
- Paul Merson believes the penny has finally dropped for Newcastle after three wins on the spin – and he’s expecting us to gather another three points this weekend, tipping us to beat West Ham 2-1 tomorrow – Full story here.
- According to the Chronicle, unsettled midfielder Isaac Hayden could be sold in January – but only if a suitable offer arrived and a new midfielder was signed to replace him – Full story here.