Here’s a round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Newcastle have agreed a deal with Lazio to sign Jordan Lukaku on loan– with the player set to complete his medical tonight – Full story here.
- Jacob Murphy is close to sealing a loan move to West Brom according to an ‘exclusive’ from Football Insider – Full story here.
- According to reports in Belgium, Newcastle will have the ‘option’ to sign Jordan Lukaku for £19.1m in the summer once his proposed loan deal ends – Full story here.
- Despite reports of injury issues, Shelvey, Dummett, Ki, Fernandez, Kenedy, and Darlow have all been spotted back in training today – Full story here.
- After finally meeting with Mike Ashley, Newcastle MP Chi Onwurah has admitted that the Newcastle owner failed to convince her – believing he has ‘no intention’ of investing – Full story here.
- According to the Mirror, Monaco look set to sack Thierry Henry in the ‘next 48 hours’ – news that *could* impact a deal to sign NUFC target Gelson Martins – Full story here.
- Federico Fernandez has slated Sky Sports News for airing a clip of fellow Argentine Emiliano Sala, broadcasting the striker’s potential farewell message to friends as he feared for his life – Full story here.
- Ex-Palace Chairman Simon Jordan has totally contradicted himself on the NUFC takeover front, telling talkSPORT yesterday why Mike Ashley is no rush to sell – just months after being adamant he was on his way out – Full story here.